293A Deansgate (behind Philip James Estate Agents and opposite The Hilton Hotel)
0161 834 6283
Our reception opens 30 mins before the first class of the day and close 30 mins after the last class.
The Life Centre is located in the heart of Deansgate in Manchester city centre. Just 7 minutes drive from both Manchester Victoria and Manchester Piccadilly train stations and 25 minutes from Manchester International Airport. The centre is just 3 minutes walk from Deansgate / Castlefield stations.
We are located right next to the Hilton hotel, our entrance is on Great Bridgewater St, on the edge of the Great Northern complex. Just look for the big glass staircase with our rather large poster!
Access to the centre
We’re lucky to be in a great location, in one of Manchester’s best known listed buildings. However this comes at a cost – the entrance to the centre is accessible via two flights of stairs, making access to the venue difficult for some people. If you are visiting the centre for the first time and are concerned that the steps will make access difficult for you, then please email our centre manager Rachel@thelifecentre.com prior to your visit. We will do our best to accommodate your needs whenever possible.
The nearest car parking is in Warehouse 2, the Great Northern Centre (see details below). Get your ticket stamped at reception to get reduced rate parking – 3 hours parking for £3.50 instead of £11.00. Car park address:
Great Northern Warehouse 2 NCP
Weekend Parking -£1.50 all day RCP Park Avenue
Getting to The Life Centre from Manchester Victoria Station
- A car or taxi journey from Manchester Victoria Station to The Life Centre should take no more than 10 minutes.
Getting to The Life Centre from Manchester International Airport By Car
- At the roundabout, take the 5th exit onto Outwood Lane (signposted Motorways, T2 long stay parking, Terminal 2, Wilmslow).
- Bear left, then join the M56 SPUR Motorway (signposted M56 Motorway).
- Keep in the right hand lanes, then join the M56 Motorway (signposted Manchester).
- Keep in the right hand lanes at junction 3 (signposted City Centre, Ring Road W and N).
- At junction 3A continue forward onto the M56.
- Continue forward onto Princess Parkway – A5103
- Continue forward (signposted Manchester City Centre, Didsbury).
- At traffic signals continue forward (signposted City Centre).
- Continue forward onto Princess Rd – A5103. Entering Manchester.
- At roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Medlock Street – A5103 (signposted City Centre, G Mex Centre).
- Turn left onto Deansgate – A56.
- Routes 16 and 130 go nearby the new studio in Deansgate, for more information, view the bus services
Saturday Beginning Vinyasa Yoga 6 Week Course
With Dana Baniel
This 6 week course introduces the classic body of yoga postures (asanas) and basic sequences, including sun salutations, the basis of all vinyasa practice. A focus on healthy alignment principles and an introduction to breathing practices (pranayama) will help build strength, flexibility and create a foundation for your yoga practice.
Power Of Intention Yin Yang Workshop
With Gavin DeMarines
Set your intentions for the year ahead with this Yin Yang workshop designed to bring balance & focus to body and mind.
Hot Yoga Teacher Conversion Course
With Danny Solomon, Fiona Finsbury
A Continued Professional Development Workshop of 16 hours, open to 200hr qualified Yoga Teachers. This workshop is ideal for teachers who would like to be on the cover list and teach hot yoga classes at The Life Centre North.
Yoga for Anxiety 6 Week Course
With Mick Timpson
A six-week course of yoga based meditations, practices and techniques for calming the mind and body.
Total Body Flow with Yoga Injury Prevention Tips
With Laura Burkhart
During this workshop we’ll move through a well-rounded practice focused on refining your alignment and injury prevention. Yoga injuries have been on the rise. There have been recent updates in the yoga world on posture alignment. As we flow the through the practice we’ll take moments to pause and explore asanas that can cause potential injury overtime and how to make the asana safer. It’s important to move in a way that minimizes harm and maximizes the longevity of your asana practice.
Relaxing On The Earth: Yin & Restorative Workshop
With Manjunaga Yoga
Turn inwards and allow yourself to give your body to the earth.
Explore the deeply relaxing practice of Yin/Restorative yoga, focusing on restorative and meditative practices. An opportunity to turn inward, slow down and soften more deeply.
Tuesday Beginners 6 Week Yoga Course
With Karen Hadgett
This 6 week course introduces the classic body of yoga postures (asanas) and basic sequences, including sun salutations. A focus on healthy alignment principles and an introduction to breathing practices (pranayama) will help build strength, flexibility and create a foundation for your yoga practice.