Yoga Business Manager – The Life Centre North – Manchester
The Life Centre North is seeking a talented individual to manage our thriving Yoga Centre in Manchester and lead our teaching and front-of-house team. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Manchester business and be the main point of contact for our London H.Q. Your leadership and business development skills will be outstanding, combining strategic and innovative thinking with the ability to motivate a diverse team and to get things done. You will have a deep understanding of yoga and all it’s styles, a passion for building a wellness community and ideally have personal contacts within the Manchester yoga teaching/wellness scene and the Manchester business community.
Established in 1993 in London, The Life Centre is widely recognised as one of the UK’s most highly regarded centres for yoga, Pilates and complementary therapies, with centres in Manchester and London. Today, our aim is also to raise awareness around the benefits that yoga and mindfulness can bring to everyday life, not just physical wellbeing and this role will play a key part in expanding the Life Centre brand within the Manchester community.
The Life Centre North is also the northern regional home to our sister company Yogacampus which is one of the UK’s leading yoga education organisations, offering yoga teacher training, yoga therapy training and a range of other yoga workshops and specialist training.
About The Role
- Seek out, recruit and retain the best teachers (permanent & cover) as part of our team and ensure our schedule of classes, courses and workshops represents our values, responds to our clients’ needs and drives growth of both revenue & profit.
- Develop and implement an all channels Marketing Plan to increase visibility within the yoga and wellness market, creating marketing assets for use online, in house and for external events.
- Drive recruitment and retention of clients and establishing The Life Centre North as the go-to provider of services that help people live more mindfully.
- Develop a business development strategy to engage corporate partners, offering corporate classes/courses both at the Life Centre and off-site.
- Lead our front of house team to deliver premium customer service at all times and ensure a premium standard environment.
- Manage all centre specific costs and the achievement of commercial KPIs
- Manage day-to-day operations, including building maintenance & contractors.
- Develop the relationship with our sister company Yogacampus to promote our educational agenda for Yoga Teachers in the North.
- Manage the retail offer to maximise additional revenue.
- Recruit & manage contractors/suppliers to maintain and clean the building.
Essential skills/experience required:
- Pro-active, diligent & solution driven
- Organised and efficient with the ability to manage several projects at once and prioritise effectively
- Strategic thinker with the ability to implement a vision, strategy and tactical plans with enthusiasm and determination
- Excellent communication, team-leading and people management skills, with an ability to build lasting relationships within the local yoga and business communities
- A sound knowledge of the marketing mix, including experience in digital marketing (social media, newsletters etc)
- Commercial acumen with experience of business development and P&L management ideally within a small business environment
- Ability to deliver exceptional Customer Service and handle feedback, queries and complaints in a competent manner
- A deep knowledge of yoga and all it’s styles and an understanding of the wellness/complementary therapies market.
- Self-learner with ability to master new IT skills speedily and efficiently.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Network of Manchester-specific yoga, wellness and business contacts
- MindBodyOnline skills and familiarity with Adobe Design Suite and Constant Contact
- Background in hospitality and/or retail
- Experience of community building
Job location and terms of employment:
We are seeking a candidate to work 40 hours a week (5 days) but will consider a four day week for the right person. You will be based in our office in Manchester, currently located close to Deansgate station, but may need to work some of your time offsite, and to work some weekends plus visit the London office. Your starting salary will be £30,000 per annum plus discretionary bonus.
Interviews: Deadline for applications February 25th – first round interviews 4-5th March 2019, second round 11-12th March 2019
You will also enjoy free classes at The Life Centre, as well as a 25% discount on workshops and events organised by The Life Centre and by our sister company, Yogacampus.
To apply please submit a covering letter and CV to Claire Studd at Claire@thelifecentre.com by 28th February 2019.