Workshops & Courses
Arm Balances & Inversions
With Sue Diamond
16 March 2019, 14:30–16:30
This workshop is one of a series of 3: Backbends the Dharma Way (2nd March), Arm Balances & Inversions (16th March), Yoga For Stress Release (24th March). You can attend any of these workshops or book all three for £65, a discount of £10. If booking the series of 3 online, once you have purchased your ticket ‘Sue Diamond March 2019 Series of 3 Workshops (£65)’ you should then use this ticket to book a place for each of the workshops individually or your place will not be reserved.
This workshop will start off by focusing on strengthening the core in a core-focused flow, also strengthening the upper body in preparation for inversion and arm balance practice.
We will prepare for inversions by practicing a variation of crow poses andother arm balances to integrate the core then practice the main inversions:Sirsasana (headstand), Sarvangasana (shoulderstand), Pincha Mayurasana (forearm stand), and Ardho mukha vrksasana (handstand) with some funky variations! You work with the wall and in pairs so everybody feels confident to go upside down!
Why Practice Inversions?
• Relieve back pain, relax muscles, rehydrate discs, realign and reduce pressure.
• Energise and increase blood flow to the brain, resulting in physical invigoration and mental revitalisation.
• Improve balance.
• Increase core strength.
• Build confidence.
• Give yourself a new perspective.
• Inversions are FUN! Bring out your inner child.
• Shoulderstand calms the nervous system, giving a feeling of balance and calm.
Suitable for level 2 students