Workshops & Courses
Be Here Now! Meditation for the Modern World - 4 Week Course
With Mick Timpson
25 March – 15 April 2019, 17:45–19:00
A unique 4-week course introducing the art & science of wholeness, resilience, creativity and wellbeing with Mick Timpson.
Week-by-week, Mick will gently guide you towards knowing how to stop and relax purposefully, guide your attention and manage your mind towards knowing a deeper conscious awareness.
Combining current research with ancient wisdom, Mick teaches how you can develop the insight gained in meditation into something that’s built into your daily life.
The course will touch on:
• Learning to stop and be still.
• Techniques for managing and maintaining regular practice.
• Posture, attitude and what meditation is and isn’t.
• Dealing with the busy wandering mind.
• Letting go of I, Me and Mine.
• The connection between mind body and breath.
• Breaking mental habits and getting round obstacles.
• Directing and holding attention.
• Non-attachment and non-judgmental awareness.
• Dealing with strong emotions.
• The yogi model of the mind.
• Breaking free of the inner critic and your comfort zone.
• Extending meditation into the everyday.
Dates & Times
4 week course
17 September – 8 October
Suitable for all levels