Workshops & Courses
Birth Preparation Workshop for Couples
With Maryline Higham
1 October 2017, 10:00–13:00
£55 per couple
Pre-booking only, no drop ins
Invite your birth partner to a one-off preparation class. Friendly, informative and hands-on session on natural pain management techniques and postures, for an active and serene birth experience.
A dedicated space for the couple to rehearse movements and breathing techniques together, and help build confidence as a team before the birth day.
During this 3 hour workshop, we will explore:
- simple and efficient relaxation techniques and posture
- breathing techniques valid for all birth scenarios and labour stages
- how your partner can support you both practically and emotionally during the course of labour
- visualisations, movements and pain relief techniques for contractions
- massage for labour, pressure points, birth positions and much more
Many tools and tips pre & post labour will be shared, based on Maryline's 10 years experience at coaching couples for birth. The workshop will leave you and your partner feeling prepared, inspired and excited at the prospect of giving birth.
Come with your partner, husband, mum, sister or anyone supportive.
This session is ideal if you are over 32 weeks pregnant. Book your space as soon as possible as places are limited to 5 couples per workshop.
Suitable for those over 32 weeks pregnant
Meet the Teachers
Donna’s spiritual journey began after experiencing a solar eclipse in India in 1995.
Shortly after that, she took a silent Vipassana retreat followed by a number of others, which changed her as a person and prepared her for when she found yoga, via an Ashtanga Vinyasa class which she happened across on her way to the beach in Goa in 1998.