Workshops & Courses
With Sue Diamond (Hodgkinson)
27 January 2018, 14:30–16:30
This workshop will begin with a focused flow, designed to help you to locate and switch on the core and strengthen the upper body in preparation for inversion practice.
We will practice the main inversions: headstand, shoulderstand, forearm stand, chin stand and handstand with some funky variations! You work with the wall and in pairs so everybody feels confident to go upside down!
Why Practice Inversions?
• Relieve back pain, relax muscles, rehydrate discs, realign and reduce pressure.
• Energise and increase blood flow to the brain, resulting in physical invigoration and mental revitalisation.
• Improve balance.
• Increase core strength.
• Build confidence.
• Give yourself a new perspective.
• Inversions are FUN! Bring out your inner child.
• Shoulderstand calms the nervous system, giving a feeling of balance and calm.
Suitable for level 2 students
Meet the Teachers
Donna’s spiritual journey began after experiencing a solar eclipse in India in 1995.
Shortly after that, she took a silent Vipassana retreat followed by a number of others, which changed her as a person and prepared her for when she found yoga, via an Ashtanga Vinyasa class which she happened across on her way to the beach in Goa in 1998.