Workshops & Courses
With Sue Diamond (Hodgkinson)
1 December 2018, 14:30–16:30
This workshop will begin with a focused flow, designed to help you to locate and switch on the core and strengthen the upper body in preparation for inversion practice.
We will practice the main inversions: headstand, shoulderstand, forearm stand, chin stand and handstand with some funky variations! You work with the wall and in pairs so everybody feels confident to go upside down!
Why Practice Inversions?
• Relieve back pain, relax muscles, rehydrate discs, realign and reduce pressure.
• Energise and increase blood flow to the brain, resulting in physical invigoration and mental revitalisation.
• Improve balance.
• Increase core strength.
• Build confidence.
• Give yourself a new perspective.
• Inversions are FUN! Bring out your inner child.
• Shoulderstand calms the nervous system, giving a feeling of balance and calm.
Suitable for level 2 students
Meet the Teachers
After dabbling with various types of yoga, Beth discovered Kundalini yoga on a retreat in Egypt in 2007 and quickly realised how powerful this practice was, making her feel great both during and after.
Kundalini yoga allowed her to reach a place of peace in a particularly difficult and stressful time in her life, and she soon realised that she wanted to share this life changing practice with others.
Beth’s classes are a dynamic blend of postures, pranayam(breathing), mantra and meditation, which will teach you the art of relaxation, self healing and mental elevation. Her passion for music and mantras is evident in her powerful and uplifting classes which are taught in a loving, warm and compassionate way.